NP Structures are pleased to introduce NP Controls – A full range of systems for the glasshouse and polytunnel grower.
In today’s tough economic climate, it’s more important than ever that farmers and growers are maximising efficiency, both in terms of improving crop yield and quality and reducing expenditure on energy consumption. With the market becoming more competitive and energy prices on the hike growers are finding it increasingly difficult to compete.
NP Structures will be expanding their portfolio later this year, with the introduction of NP Controls - A range of products that include fans, vents and automation controllers – all vital components when it comes to maintaining an optimum growing environment.
Why is it important to control my growing environment?
Environmental factors can have a serious effect on crop quality, for instance, high humidity in your polytunnel or glasshouse can lead to disease – which can be disastrous for your crops. Maintaining the environmental conditions such as humidity, CO2 and temperature in your polytunnel or greenhouse is vital to ensure healthy crops.
The automation controllers will allow farmers and growers to control their growing environment and maintain conditions within their glasshouse or polytunnel – leading to healthy plant growth, increased crop yields, reduced energy consumption and lower labour costs.
Ian Wolfenden of NP Structures said, “Our automation controllers monitor the key environmental factors that may affect crop quality, including CO2, temperature, humidity levels and irrigation pumps. The units enable growers to have total control of their glasshouse and polytunnel operations at their fingertips.”
NP Structures will offer a range of controls - suitable for both smaller glasshouses and polytunnels, as well as larger, institutional polytunnels and glasshouses.
Which automation controller is best for me?
The iGrow 100 series is ideal for small or medium sized glasshouses and polytunnels and offers four (400 model) or eight (800 model) different outputs for fans, heaters, vents, shade curtains and more.
- Track energy use and adjust to save money – iGrow 400/800 monitors energy consumption for each piece of equipment – so you can adjust energy use or improve greenhouse climate.
- Easy to operate and modify controls – The controller uses a simple touch interface and makes control changes easily
- Instant access to controls – Controls can easily be accessed remotely via any computer or cell phone, providing complete peace of mind.
- Day & night system control – Day and night equipment operating set points are monitored, meaning you always know when equipment is running
- Fine tune your climate to optimise crop growth and yield – you can manipulate the environment within your glasshouse or polytunnel to achieve the best possible growing environment
For larger, institutional greenhouses and polytunnels NP Structures will offer the iGrow 1600, a highly sophisticated control with intuitive programming, whilst remaining incredibly easy to use. The unparalleled value of features and benefits put the iGrow 1600 in a class of its own;
- Flexibility - Amazing levels of flexibility and extensive equipment options
- Time saving - Advanced features and a simple interface empower growers and save time
- Peace of mind - Multiple alarm outputs, safety backup sensors, and alarm auto dialers for added peace of mind
- Reduced energy costs - Energy saving features to keep operating costs to a minimum
- Increased security - Security features, including multi level password protection help keep your investment safe
- Protection - Includes Precision Temp and Humidity Sensor with water & heat reflecting radiation shield
Other products from the range include: iPonic for grow rooms, thermostat and hydro meter units and aluminium benching and transporting systems.
The launch of NP Controls from NP Structures is part of their ongoing development plan to provide customers with a complete ‘one stop shop’. The complete NP Controls range will be available to view at Four Oaks Trade show in September.
To discuss the range in more detail, please contact a member of our sales team on 01282 873120